Economics and Management Library (BEC)
Extraordinary maintenance works from 2 May to 21 August
From 2 May to 21 August 2022 in BEC there will be extraordinary maintenance works.
For this period only, in addition to university members, also IUAV members, researchers and phD students from other universities or research institutions could access the reading room and library's services.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Economics and Management Library/BEC) is a specialist library in the areas of Economics and Business Management, Economics, Law, Statistics, Applied Mathematics and Tourist Service Management.
Its assets include around 250,000 volumes, 300 contemporary journals and 3000 older periodicals, in addition to the electronic economics resources, and are enhanced by special archives including the Gino Luzzatto Archive.
San Giobbe, Cannaregio 810, 30121 Venezia
Plesso E, ex-mulino 1° piano
from Monday to Friday: 9 am - 5 pm
- 2 June 2022
BEC provides its services only by reservation, in order to guarantee the safety of people. must wear a mask and present their university badge for identification purposes.
Easy Planning or app MyUniVE
- University members (research users and students) must book through or MyUniVE app using the university login credentials.
- (Adult) Non-university members (with a annual card) must make a reservation through or MyUniVE app only to collect the books.
Access to reading room and services
To access the reading room and the services during the opening hours, according to the following instructions:
- all university members (research users and students) and adult non-university members must book through or MyUniVE app selecting the entry BEC - Accesso alla sala e ai servizi and then "Primo piano ala nuova". Please pay attention: due to the restrinctions caused by the maintenance works, reservations that have not been processed will be automatically canceled after 30 minutes from the scheduled start;
- research users (teachers, researchers, research fellows) have 4 reservations bookable through or MyUniVE app selecting the entry BEC - Posto individuale per docenti/ricercatori and the Carrell on which you want to reserve a seat. (Attention: to find the carrels in the new wing, follow the signs)
- PhD students, master's degree students have 4 reservations bookable (for up to 3 weeks per month), by booking through or MyUniVE app and selecting the entry BEC - Posto individuale per laureandi/dottorandi and the Carrell on which you want to reserve a seat. (Attention: to find the carrels in the new wing, follow the signs);
- IUAV members, researchers and phD students from other universities or research institutions must write to firstname.lastname@example.org the date and time they want to book.
A maximum of 32 people can enter the rooms simultaneously.
It is possible to request the volumes placed in the warehouse by filling out this form and delivering it to the reception and information service on the ground floor or sending it to email@example.com.
You can submit your requests from Monday to Friday by 9.15 am, 11.15 am, 1.15 pm, 3.15 pm and collect them after at least 45 minutes from the request. However, some areas of the library could be unexpectedly inaccessible due the maintenance works, so the requested volumes could be unavailable.
To loan a book you must book through
The books can be collected at the Reception Desk.
For study and research purposes, extraordinary loans may be evaluated.
If you make a reservation for the access to the reading rooms and services, you can also request a loan.
During your stay in the library, you can use copy machines. However the card top-up service will not be available; you have to recharge your card using the money loaders of the other libraries.
Books can be returned in the spaces provided at the new library entrance during the opening hours.
Online booking is not required.
Interlibrary loan and document supply
The interlibrary loan and document supply services are available and can be requested by online form.
University members will be notified of the arrival of documents and how to collect them.
Bloomberg Finance Lab
Two Bloomberg Lab stations are temporarily set up next to the new library entrance. The lab is open from Monday to Friday, from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm, by reservation only through
Attention: before booking the first access, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The use of the laboratory is illustrated in the following document: Bloomberg Finance Lab [pdf].
Reference and research support services
- bibliographic reference service, online, and assistance with electronic resources by writing to email@example.com. For more information for final year undergraduates and PhD students write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- reference and bibliographic searches by filling in the online form [ITA]
- research support, online, specialized assistance for teachers and scholars by writing to email@example.com
- scheduled workshops and courses: for more information, see the page: Courses and tutorials
|Office||Online services (for Ca' Foscari members)||Telephone|
|General information, loan renewals and reservations||OPAC - Access - Loansfirstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8763|
|Consultation of books and periodicals in repository||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 8763|
|Bibliographic searches and assistance in the use of databases||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8775|
|Interlibrary loans||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 7657|
|Document delivery||Request form [ITA]||firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8775|
|Purchase proposals||Request form [ITA]||email@example.com||+39 041 234 8713 / 8715 / 7457|
|Periodical firstname.lastname@example.org||+39 041 234 8774 / 9340|
|BEC Research Support Serviceemail@example.com|
|Director Sara Franzosofirstname.lastname@example.org||041 234 7455|
Last update: 25/05/2022