University Library System
The University Library System (Sistema Bibliotecario di Ateneo, SBA) manages the University's library holdings and the access to information entrusted to digital media and offers information resources and support services for teaching, research and civic engagement.
In particular, it provides all users with:
- the development, updating, protection, preservation and enhancement of the library heritage in all types of media
- enjoyment of the heritage itself, including for disadvantaged users
- the processing, access and dissemination of bibliographic information, both locally and remotely;
- networking services with other libraries to facilitate access to and exchange of documents across local borders
- offering support services for the optimal use of the various tools: databases, catalogues, repositories, discovery tools, information platforms, etc
- services to promote open access to scientific information and the preservation of bibliographic, documentary and information sources in various media
- services to foster the dissemination of culture through initiatives aimed at the territory.
- Sistema Bibliotecario d'Ateneo (SBA) [ITA] (University Library System)
- Regolamento di Ateneo per il deposito nell’Archivio istituzionale e l’accesso aperto alla letteratura scientifica [ITA] (University Regulations for depositing in the Institutional Repository and Open Access to scientific literature)
- Eventi culturali del Sistema Bibliotecario di Ateneo (SBA) [ITA] (Cultural events of the University Library System)
The University Library System (SBA) is governed by the System Board, as chaired by the President, i.e., the Rector's delegate to the System; the System Director is entrusted with the management, coordination and control of the activities of the System's structures and library staff in compliance with the guidelines formulated by the System Council. In these activities, they are supported by the Coordinator.
The organisational structure of the SBA consists of:
- BALI, BAS, BAUM and BEC: Area Libraries manage the acquisition and description of information resources; take care of the management of documents on physical and digital media; provide support for consultation, lending and document supply; coordinate unstructured human resources to support services; deal with user management; provide support for research.
- Digital Library (BDA): BDA presides over the online services that can be used by the entire University; manages the online information resources that the Area Libraries have chosen to acquire, as well as the multidisciplinary resources adopted by the SBA Council, providing support for their use and for the effective use of technological tools by library staff and users. The Historical Fund Sector that collects the library holdings of the ancient and special collections is also part of the BDA.
- Administrative Service (SASBA): administrative-accounting tasks. The Office Manager co-audits the System Director in the administrative-accounting functions and in the preparation of the System budget.
Governing Bodies of the System
Policy-making functions are entrusted to the System Board, as chaired by the President, i.e., the Rector's Delegate to the System; management activities are entrusted to the System Director, in accordance with the guidelines formulated by the System Board, with the support of the Coordinator.
The Board is the governing body with the function of directing the activities of all the structures of the System, according to the strategic guidelines established by the University Board, and is composed of the President of the System Boardl and the Presidents of the four area libraries:
- Marina Buzzoni - President of the System Board
- Giulia Baccini - President of BALI
- Fabiano Visentin - President of BAS
- Flavia De Rubeis - President of BAUM
- Paolo Pellizzari - President of BEC
The System Director is entrusted with the management of the SBA, with functions of coordination and control of the activities of the System's structures and personnel. He is assisted by the System's Operations Coordinator.
- Dario Pellizzon - System Director
- Daniela Grandin - System Coordinator
Library Boards have the function of planning and directing the institutional activities of libraries, according to the strategic guidelines set by the SBA Board.
- Giulia Baccini - President
- Laura Brugè - Department of Linguistics and Comparative Cultural Studies
- Sara Culeddu - Department of Linguistics and Comparative Cultural Studies
- Daniela Meneghini - Department of Asian and North African Studies (Vice-President)
- Stefania Tesser - Technical Administrative Staff
- Giuliano Rotaro - Student representative
- Fabiano Visentin - President
- Maria Antonietta Baldo - Department of Molecular Sciences and Nanosystems
- Enrico Trave - Department of Molecular Sciences and Nanosystems
- Marta Simeoni - Department of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics
- Renata Soukand - Department of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics
- Lara Spina - Technical Administrative Staff
- Giulia Zuccato - Student representative
- Flavia De Rubeis - President
- Isabella Adinolfi - Department of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage
- Valentina Sapienza - Department of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage
- Elisa Curti - Department of Humanities
- Tomaso Maria Lucchelli - Department of Humanities
- Romina Giolo - Technical Administrative Staff
- Damiano Miotto - Student representative
- Paolo Pellizzari - President
- Enrica Croda - Department of Economics
- Mariella Lamicela - Department of Economics
- Pieremilio Ferrarese - Department of Management
- Maurizio Interdonato - Department of Management
- Roberta Cavallarin - Technical Administrative Staff
- Nadia Kamil - Student representative