Monday to Friday: 8.30 am - 12 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 9 pm
You have to book the access and the services with EasyPlanning, see 'Accessing the library'.
23-311 December 2023
Pre-holidays opening hours
22 December 2023: from 8.30 to 2 pm
Special opening days
8 December 2023: from 9 am to 9 pm - Only reading and photocopy rooms
3-5 January 2024: from 8.30 to 12 am
6-7 January 2024: from 9 am to 9 pm - Only reading and photocopy rooms
Accessing the library
Access to the library and book services is open to Ca' Foscari University of Venice members and external users (non-university members) with valid credentials.
You need to book via EasyPlanning or MyUniVE app and select:
- the library you want to go to as a service
- the floor on which you wish to book as a location.
Freshmen, new employees and those waiting for a badge can book a replacement badge by ticking the Richiedo badge sostitutivo (Request Replacement Badge) box in the “Informazioni aggiuntive” (“Additional Information”) section of the booking form.
No replacement badge is required for locations without entrance gates.
Ca' Foscari University of Venice members
The following are Ca' Foscari University of Venice members:
- lecturers and professors
- technical and administrative staff
- scholarship holders
- PhD students
- postgraduate students
- contract workers
- research fellows
- honorary fellows
- university graduates for one year after graduation
- students from foreign universities under exchange agreements with Ca' Foscari University of Venice
- visiting professors
To access the library, you must:
Members of the Alumni Association [ITA] may:
- access the University libraries by booking via EasyPlanning or MyUniVE app and using the ucf.xxx credentials issued at the time of registration
- access the lending and consultation services.
Alumni who are still without a badge can book a replacement badge by ticking Richiedo badge sostitutivo (Request Replacement Badge) box in the “Informazioni aggiuntive” (“Additional Information”) section of the booking form.
Premium Alumni could also access the electronic resources (ebooks, electronic magazines, databases) from home by logging in with the 'ucf.xxx' credentials.
The following can access the University libraries and the consultation and lending services:
- individuals of age
- individuals already enrolled in Ca' Foscari University Library System (SBA)
- individuals holding a valid card
- individuals who have booked access via EasyPlanning or MyUniVE app with the credentials received by SMS after sending the registration form.
To apply for SBA membership or renew an expired membership card:
- fill in the form Registration form for the University Libraries" (annual card)
- send it to the e-mail address below enclosing a copy of an ID card
- book after receiving confirmation of registration, which is sent within two working days.
The request should only be sent to one library: the SBA membership will automatically be valid for all the others.
IUAV members with:
- IUAV card with the user's name: they are enabled to use library services on first booking
- anonymous IUAV card: they have to request the printing of a special card at the time of registration.
Please write to email@example.com to:
- send the registration form
- request more information
- report problems with the booking.
Booking rooms and services
The maximum number of people allowed to be in the rooms at the same time is 255.
To book a seat in the reading rooms and library services via EasyPlanning or with MyUniVE app, follow these instructions:
- students and authorised non-university members: select
- “BAUM - Accesso alle sale e ai servizi” (“BAUM – Access to rooms and services”) as service and the floor on which you wish to book a seat as location (you are not allowed to sit on a floor other than the one you have reserved)
- lecturers, researchers, research fellows: select
- “BAUM - Accesso alle sale e ai servizi” (“BAUM – Access to rooms and services“) as service and the floor on which you wish to book any seat as location
- “BAUM - Accesso alle sale e ai servizi (utenza di ricerca)” (“BAUM – Access to rooms and services (research users)“ to book one of the 16 seats reserved on the 2nd floor in Sala Bellomo.
If you don't need to occupy a seat (accessing the photocopy room, borrowing a book, browsing on the floors) book only the access by selecting “BAUM - Accesso senza posto a sedere” (“BAUM – access without a seat”) as service.
Subject areas and gallery
BAUM specialises in the following subject areas: Archaeology, Visual and Performing Arts, Philosophy, Italian Language and Literature, Social Sciences, History, Classical Studies.
Computers and Wi-Fi
The reading rooms are equipped with table or wall sockets for your computer, with the exception of the Welcome Area, where sockets are reserved for library equipment.
In the Welcome Area and the reading room on the 1st floor, there are terminals for accessing the Internet and consult the electronic resources. Dedicated workstations for catalogue consultation are also available in front of the lending point and in the reading room on the 2nd floor.
In the library you can access the University Wi-Fi network.