Information on the processing of personal data of the website users
in accordance with Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679
Reason for this information
Pursuant to EU Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter "Regulation"), this page describes the methods for processing personal data of users who consult the Ca 'Foscari University of Venice websites (hereinafter "University"), accessible online at the following addresses:
This information does not apply to other sites, pages or online services accessible via hypertext links that may be published on the sites and which refer to resources external to the University domain.
Following visits to the sites listed above, data relating to identified or identifiable natural persons may be processed.
Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) of the University can be reached at the following address: Università Ca' Foscari - Responsabile della Protezione dei dati personali, Dorsoduro 3246, 30123 Venezia, or at the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal basis for processing
The personal data indicated on this page are processed by the University as part of its duty to the public interest, including:
- promoting access to the highest levels of study and its completion by capable and deserving individuals, including those with limited means, helping overcome all obstacles to effective equality of opportunity;
- guaranteeing the right of students to open and critical knowledge and to prepare them for their social and professional integration, organizing towards that end opportunities for study periods abroad;
- pursuing the highest quality of education and personal training;
- guaranteeing and coordinating the free research activities of teachers;
- fostering technological progress and the transmission of knowledge;
- favouring relations with public and private institutions, companies, and other productive agencies, and actively participating in the definition of policies concerning the development of research and of the region.
Types of data processed and purpose of processing
Site navigation data
The computer systems and software procedures used to operate this site collect, as part of their normal operation, aspects of personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols.
This category of data includes the following:
- IP addresses of user devices;
- date and time when the request was received;
- the addresses in URI / URL (Uniform Resource Identifier / Locator) notation of the requested resources;
- the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (successful, error, etc.);
- the size in bytes of the response;
- URI / URL of the page of origin (referrer);
- browser recognition string (user agent).
These data are not stored for more than 15 days, after which they are automatically deleted (except in the case of criminal investigations by judicial authorities).
Furthermore, data necessary for the use of web services are processed anonymously, in order to monitor successful execution of the services offered.
Data communicated by the user
The optional, explicit and voluntary sending of messages to the University's contact addresses, as well as the completion and submission of forms present on the latter's websites, entail the acquisition of the sender's contact details necessary for a response, as well as all personal data included in the communications.
Specific information is published on the pages of the University sites dealing with the provision of certain services.
Web usage statistics
The University uses the Google Analytics service of Google, Inc. (hereafter "Google") to generate statistics on the use of the website (for example, on the use of services, most visited pages, number of visitors per hourly or daily time-band, geographical origin, etc.). To perform these activities, Google Analytics does not collect personal data, as all the IP addresses of the users are anonymized as soon as they are received by the network and before being stored or processed.
Cookies and other tracking systems
Alternatively, it uses session cookies (not persistent) strictly limited to what is necessary for the safe and efficient browsing of sites. Only on certain pages of the site technical cookies may be used which remain even after the browser is closed, those these are not in any event used to track navigation and the user.
The storage of technical cookies on devices or in browsers is under the user's control. Information relating to cookies saved on the University's servers at the end of the HTTP sessions remain in the service logs, with storage times not exceeding 15 days, along with various other browsing data.
By visiting a website users may receive cookies from sites managed by other organizations ("third parties"). With regard to University sites, third-party cookies are requested by widgets for the use of services offered by third-party sites: Google calendars, Google maps, embedding of videos uploaded on the YouTube platform, embedding of audio files uploaded to the Spreaker platform.
The management of personal data collected by third parties is governed by the relevant information available on their respective websites:
Rights of interested parties
Users, in their capacity as interested parties, have the right to request from the University, in certain cases, access to personal data for the correction or cancellation of the same, or the limitation of processing concerning them, or to oppose such processing (Articles 15 and subsequent, of the Regulations). Appropriate application to the University is through the Data Protection Manager at the Ca' Foscari University of Venice (Università Ca’ Foscari – Responsabile della Protezione dei dati personali, Dorsoduro 3246, 30123 Venezia, email@example.com).
Interested parties may also block the storage of cookies on their hard disk by configuring the browser to disable them. The following links provide information on configuring this feature in the most commonly used browsers:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=it_IT
Blocking certain cookies, however, may cause pages and services to function incorrectly.
Right of complaint
Interested parties who believe that the processing of their personal data on this site is in violation of the provisions of the Regulations have the right to submit a complaint to the Guarantor of the protection of personal data, as required by Art. 77 of the Regulations, or to seek appropriate legal advise (Article 79 of the Regulations).
Last update: 26/07/2021