Trials and new electronic resources
The Library System encourage the purchase of resources in electronic format in order to provide students and researchers documents that are updated, scientifically authoritative and always accessible even remotely according to the University's sustainability policy.
Trials are periodically activated to allow students and researchers to test new databases and other resources.
Depending on the appreciation and the costs, some of these resources become part of the University collections. For this reason any feedback is very useful in this selection process.
To request information and send comments and feedback on the resources under trial, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- user guide. : a trial to this resource is available from 30 May to 24 July 2022. Al-Ahram ("The Pyramids") is one of the most renowned Egyptian newspaper. The digital archive collects almost 150 years of this important resource of Arab culture (all issues from 1875 until today) and offers a research experience advanced and the possibility of searching the text. For more information you can consult the
- JSTOR - Journals: until 30th June 2023 free access during the COVID-19 pandemic to: Archive Journal Collections, Thematic Collections and Primary Source Collections. To know the accessible titles, consult the list of journals at the bottom of the page. You can find the link to the resource in the URL column of the file excel.
These resources are accessible on the University network.
List of the most recent acquisitions and news:
- Asahi Shimbun Cross-Search: Kikuzo Visual II database has a new interface and a new name. This is the most important and extensive full text database of Japanese language; it contains articles from the newspaper Asahi Shimbun (since 1945) and other journals such as AERA and Shukan Asahi, the Chiezō dictionary, a Who's Who and a historical photographic archive. For more details you can consult this guide.
- One LEGALE: the PLURIS and Leggi d'Italia (Laws of Italy) databases by Wolters Kluwer have a new interface. The database makes available the legislation, the laws and their explanation, many Italian legal books and journals (by CEDAM, UTET Giuridica and IPSOA) and much more. The platform allows users to customize tools and services. For more information, guides and tutorials about the resource, please consult the help center or contact BEC ( email@example.com).
- Artstor: JSTOR and Artstor are now available on a unique platform, making it possible to search for articles and images at the same time with new features and functionalities. You can access more than 500.000 images from Artstor archive on JSTOR. To know more see the page Artstor on JSTOR.
- Chinese Periodical Full-text Database (1911-1949): it is a digitized archive consisting of 11 series with over 25,000 periodicals published between 1911 and 1949 in the Republic of China. The database contains many articles that provide information on the political, economic, military and social aspects of the history of the Republic of China. You can select the English language from the drop-down menu at the top right of the homepage. A user manual of the platform is available.
The resources are accessible on the University network and remotely. In order to consult these resources from home, you need to connect to the University network by following the instructions on the page Remote access to electronic resources.
Last update: 25/05/2022