Bachelor's Degree Programmes taught in English 
Language requirements

All students enrolling in a Bachelor's degree programme taught enterely in English at Ca’ Foscari are required to have certified English proficiency at level B2 or above.

Certificated understanding of English language at least level B2 is required as an admission requirement: possession of this is required at the moment of enrolment.

Meeting your Language Requirements

You can choose from the following options:

  • Obtain certification from an officially recognised certifying body or a certificate from the CLA centre or from a university language school on the list in the Recognised Certification section;
  • Provide evidence that you belong to one of the exemption categories listed below;
  • Attend one of the fee-paying classroom courses held during the normal CLA calendar: at the end of the course you will take a test to check your proficiency;
  • Take a fee-paying language test at the CLA centre  (B2 prospective students for degree programmes) according to the procedure laid down in the relevant webpages.

Certificates obtained at the end of CLA courses or external certification must be uploaded in electronic format when completing your enrolment application.  The only intermediate level certification accepted is certification for proficiency at Level B 2.2 and above.

Preparing for your test

The University offers a variety of online and/or classroom courses to support you in your preparation for the English test: access procedures, dates and further information can be found online on the CLA website on the page dedicated to support courses for CLA B2.


You can be exempted from the language test if you fall into one of the following categories:

  • you attended and completed higher education studies or at least one year of college in a country in which English is the medium of instruction;
  • you acquired a qualification (high school diploma or university qualification) in Italy or abroad at the conclusion of a period of studies taught entirely in English;
  • during your high school studies you carried out at least one full year of exchange at an institution whose language of instruction was English;
  • you have one of the following qualifications:

    • a degree obtained prior to D.M. 509/1999 in Foreign Languages and Literature, Modern Languages and Literature, Translation, for interpreters, translation and interpretation with regard to English only following a degree course lasting at least three years;
    • a degree obtained under D.M. 509/1999 in Class 11 Languages and modern cultures or Class 3 in Language Mediation with a study plan including a three-year English language course;
    • a degree obtained under D.M. 270/2004 in Class L-11 Modern Languages and Cultures or Class L-12 Language Mediation with a study plan including a three-year English language course.

Last update: 02/07/2024