Printing, copying and scanning
through multifunction printers
Multifunction printers allow you to print, scan or photocopy documents. They can be found in several University locations and are available for use by students, guests and staff. Following are instructions for use.
Printing from a desktop computer
It is possible to print from the office computer for staff or from the library workstations for guests and students. In order to send the print job to a multifunction printer/scanner/photocopier choose the printer EE_Xerox_XXX.
- In order to collect a printout, go to any multifunction printer and place your membership card close to the badge reader.
- On the same device, choose the 'Stampa' (Print) option and then choose which document to print out.
Printing from a mobile device
Connect to the web page webprint.unive.it, choose and send the file to print and follow the instructions as indicated above.
Printing via e-mail
You can print a document by sending it as an attachment to an email. The email is only accepted if it is sent from an @unive.it or @stud.unive.it domain.
If you send an email to one of the following addresses, you must collect the document directly from the chosen printer:
- For the central administration offices:
- Printer Kyocera: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Printer Xerox Bianco/Nero: email@example.com
- Printer Xerox Colori: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the libraries and the departments:
- Printer Kyocera: email@example.com
- Printer Xerox Bianco/Nero: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you send an email to the generic address email@example.com, you’ll be able to connect to the web page webprint.unive.it to choose which printer to collect the document from.
Photocopying and printing
In order to use the multifunction printer as a photocopier, you must place your membership card close to the badge reader and choose the Copy option. Subsequent printing operations are controlled from the control panel on the multifunction printer.
Scanning and forwarding via e-mail
In order to use the multifunction printer to download documents and/or images in file format, you must place your membership card close to the badge reader and choose the Copy option.
On the photocopier panel, choose e-mail, add the e-mail address of the recipient of the document and proceed as though making a photocopy. The downloading of the document is free, but the membership card used must have a credit of at least 6 cents.
How to get the membership card
All students are given a personal multiservice card.
If you have lost the card, or have never been given the card, contact the URP (Public Relations Office).
The membership card must be topped up with credit before being used for the first time.
All staff are given a personal multiservice card, to be used both for clocking in to work and for accessing photocopying/printing services.
The cost of the copies/printouts will be charged to the department to which the staff belongs.
Short Term Staff
All personnel on a short term contracts can request the personal multiservice card from the human resources department or at one of the BEC, BAUM, CFZ libraries. When the employee is assigned to a department, the cost of the copies/printouts will be charged to that department. Alternatively, the membership card can be topped up with credit before being used.
Guests receive, from the moment they are registered, a personal membership card to use for access as well as for copies/printouts.
The card must be topped up with credit before use.
How to top up credit on the membership card
only for students or external guests
Refilling the membership card
Go to one of the machines that top up, found in the university libraries, place the membership card close to the reader and insert the amount. There is a minimum top up of 5 euro which is equal to 500 photocopy points.
Finding out remaining credit
In order to find out how much credit is left on the card, there are two methods:
- Place the membership card close to the machine that tops up and you will see how much credit remains;
- Connect to the webpage www.unive.it/print supplying your personal identifying information (username and password) and it is possible to see the remaining credit and all movements made (credit top up/printouts/copies).
Where to find multifunction printers
- In the Linguistics library - BALI - Ca' Bembo
- In the Linguistics library - BALI - Palazzo Cosulich
- In the Linguistics library - BALI - Ca' Bernardo
- In the Linguistics library - BALI - Ca' Cappello
- In the Linguistics library - BALI - Palazzo Vendramin
- In the Sciences library - BAS - Via Torino (Mestre)
- In the Humanities library - BAUM - Palazzo Malcanton Marcorà
- In the Economics library - BEC - S. Giobbe
- In the Economics library - BEC - Ca' Bottacin
- At Ca' Foscari Zattere - CFZ
- In the Department of Linguistics and Comparative Cultural Studies - Palazzo Cosulich
Printing, copying and scanning at Ca' Foscari libraries
Frequently Asked Questions
My membership card is not recognised
It may occur that when you place your membership card close to the badge reader, you are required to insert a password. In this case, the card has not been recognised.
In order to solve the problem, it is necessary to go the one of the information pillars found in the libraries (or the entrance hall of Ca’ Foscari), place the membership card close to the image of the card on the pillar and login on the screen.
Once this simple step is completed, the membership card will be operational and recognized.
Charging the cost of the printing/copying on my own personal account
Personnel who wish to make printouts or copies for personal use can register as a guest at one of the university libraries. They will receive a membership card that can be topped up with credit and used.
Last update: 07/06/2023