The degree programme in Linguistic and Cultural Mediation is of limited admission and expect candidates to carry out a test: in fact, registration is conditioned by the position of a candidate on the ranking list.
All the specific information on the process of pre-registration, selection and matriculation are included in the call for application.
The admissions procedure occurs as follows:
- online registration, if you are not already enrolled at Ca’ Foscari;
- online pre-registration for the admissions test;
- taking the admissions test and insertion onto the ranking list;
- matriculation online and payment of the first tax installment and of the contributions to university.
If you are a candidate with a disability or with DSA, you can make use of individualized procedures for taking the admissions test: all the specific information on the available assistance is in the admission announcement and on thewebpage; the request is present during the online registration.
Registering for the admissions test for the spring selection process will be carried out from 1st July until 12pm on 29th July 2021.
The procedure is completely online and requires the following steps:
- Registration on the University website;
- Access the Personal Area of the website with your account and selection "Admission test".
Once you have concluded the pre-registration process you will receive a confirmation email to the email address stated in the registration process.
Participation in the admissions test requires the payment of a tuition fee totalling 30.00 Euros, that is paid after having completed the online enrolment procedure, selecting the ‘payments’ button.
The payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system.
The admissions test will be carried out remotely Thursday 19th August 2021.
The details regarding how this will occur at and what time will be communicated via email a few days before the closure of the registration period.
Please note that in order to take the entry test you will need to have the following:
- a personal computer;
- a smartphone or tablet;
- an internet connection via Wi-Fi or a smartphone.
All of the guidelines and technical requirements are communicated in this video [ITA] about taking the test.
Verification and fulfillment of OFA (Additional Learning Requirements)
To access the degree programme, a basic understanding of Italian language and an understanding of English at level B1, at least, is required.
The admission test acts as validation for basic understanding of Italian language. In case of failure, or if you achieve a mark lower than 10 as a sum of the marks obtained from the 30 Italian language questions, you will be assigned an OFA to carry out by September 2022.
Regarding knowledge of English language, students whom have achieved one of the certificates verified by the university are excluded from the obligation to verify their understanding of English. The list of linguistic certificates, cases of exemption for verification and the process of verification are described in the specific web page. On the contrary, they will be assigned an OFA to carry out by 30th September 2022. After this data, in such case that the OFA is not carried out, it will not be possible for that candidate to sit the examinations.
Students who have been assigned an OFA in English language cannot take exams relative to the subjects corresponding to the disciplinary field (SSD L-LIN/ 11 e L-LIN/ 12), as long as they have not fulfilled the same obligation.
Students that have enrolled in a subsequent year to their first, such as in cases of transfer, internal paths or matriculation with credit recognition, should have fulfilled the OFA by the time they are enrolled: they cannot take exams until they have fulfilled them nor may they participate in the eligibility tests organized for freshers.
Place acceptance and enrollment
Accepting the place requires matriculation of the candidates in successful positions on the admission ranking list, and one ‘slips’ on the list on the basis of possible places still available, according to what is required on the selection announcement. Possible remaining vacant spots after this ranking slip can be re-assessed.
If you succeed in obtaining a place from the ranking list, you must accept your place through the specific online procedure by 2nd September 2021.
Accepting the place coincides with matriculation and consists of two steps:
- completion of the online pre-matriculation form;
- Payment of the first installment of the tuition fees and university taxes: the payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system, clicking on the payment button when finishing the registration procedure. The payment will not be reimbursed under no circumstances.
Processing registration form
Accepting the place and payment of the first installment does not mean that the student is automatically enrolled. Enrollment will be developed by the Matriculation Sector and communicated via email.
Remember that it is possible to enrol in a degree programme requesting again for:
- recognition of formative activities already carried out;
- status of part-time students;
- status of student-athlete;
- The economic treatment dedicated to students with a disability.
Enrollment with ECTS Accreditation
In order to enrol with credit recognition, make the internal transition or transfer from another university, you must ask for the evaluation of the exams already taken and the release of the credits recognition sheet.
For admission to the year following the first, in addition, you have to be assigned a place: all the information is published in the final part of this page.
Enrolment with credits recognition
You may enrol in a Degree Programme requesting accreditation for the following previous studies and training activities:
- Bachelor/Master's Degrees, or Master's Diplomas;
- incomplete University studies as a result of withdrawal, lapsed status;
- single courses;
- Internship/traineeships/previous employment.
The year of enrolment is determined on the basis of the number of University Credits (CFU) you have been awarded:
- Up to 47: admission to 1st year. You are required to sit for the Admission test. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2021/2022.
- From 48 to 107: admission to 2nd year. You will need to apply for a place as well as the requirements specified in the respective Calls of Admission. You also need to verify you have the prerequisite basic knowledge and that you satisfy the OFA requirements (Obblighi Formativi Aggiuntivi – Additional Learning Requirements) at the time of enrolment. You will not be able to sit for exams until these requirements have been met in full. All information can be found on the OFA pages on the ‘Study’ drop-down menu. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2020/2021.
- From 108 or more you will need to apply for a place as well as the requirements specified in the respective Calls of Admission. You also need to verify that you have the prerequisite basic knowledge and that you satisfy the OFA requirements at the time of enrolment. You will not be able to sit for exams until these requirements have been met in full. All information can be found on the OFA pages on the ‘Study’ drop-down menu. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2019/2020.
Enrolment with recognition of credits is subject to the fee payment of 300.00 euros. The payment invoice will be provided upon confirmation of enrolment.
You are not obliged to pay if you request credit transfer from activities undertaken previously at Ca' Foscari (for example single courses) if the code of the lectures corresponds to that required by the study plan. In the case that some lectures do not fall among those indicated in the study plan, and are thus entered as free exams, you will be have to pay the fee of 300.00 euros.
Enrolment with credit recognition is not allowed to students concurrently enroled in another University course and for which suspension has been requested.
Intra-university transfer and transfer from another university
The year of enrolment is established according to the number of university credits (ECTs) recognised:
- up to 47: admission to 1st year of the programme. No intra-university transfers /transfers from another university are permitted during the first year of limited admission study programme. You are required to sit to the admission test and, if you obtain a place on the shortlist, withdraw from the study programme in which you are enrolled and re-enrol again;
- from 48 to 107: admission to 2nd year of the programme. You will need to apply for a place and check any possible indications specified in the relative Call for Admissions. Furthermore, you must ensure that you possess the basic understanding specified for each study programmes and have fulfilled all outstanding OFA requirements at the moment of enrolment; you will not be able to take any exams until they are fulfilled. You can find all the information on the page dedicated to OFAs located in the Study menu;
- from 108 and above: admission to 3rd year of the programme. You will need to apply for a place and any possible indications specified in the respective Calls for application. Furthermore, you must verify that you possess the basic understanding required for each study programme, as well as having fulfilled any OFAs at the moment of registration: you will not be able to take any exams until they have been fulfilled. You will find all the information on the page dedicated to OFAs in the Study menu.
There are two deadlines for requesting the issue of the record, to be used in the procedure for assigning the place in a year following the first:
- 30th June 2021;
- 19th August 2021.
If you enrol in the first year, however, request the recognition form well in advance of the deadline set in the enrolment notice: to complete the enrolment application, you will have to attach the approved record.
For recognition of your academic career, you must contact Linguistic Campus service.
You are required to submit:
- a signed self-certification form listing exams. Please indicate for each exam: the name of the Course of study and class, the name of the University, the name of individual exams taken with their scientific area and weight in credits, the mark and the exam date. Please verify if self-certification is available in your University Reserved Area: if it is not available or, if all the required data is not listed, you may use the forms on this page;
- any exam programmes in your possession.
Requests for accreditation are to be submitted to the Campus which will then be subject to evaluation by the Teaching Committee. Once approved, the Accreditation Form will be sent to you via e-mail. Please remember to sign the form.
|Self-certification form of the educational qualifications achieved/exams taken||10.45 M|
|Self-certification form of withdrawal/forfeiture from studies and exams taken [ITA]||5.11 M|
Warning! For the request for internal transfer there is no need to attach the self-certification. However, remember to report any exams that are not yet recorded.
Please note that it is not possible for you to fill in the credit recognition form on your own, unless you require the recognition of exams previously taken at Ca’ Foscari; in this case, the exams must have the same course code listed on the study plan of the programme in which you are enrolling (e.g. recognition of single courses taken at Ca’ Foscari).
Credits recognition forms
It is possible to fill out the credits recognition sheet independently and attach it with the online registration form if you were to request recognition exclusively from previous studies carried out at Ca' Foscari which have the same teaching code as the course which you are registering for (for example, if you are claiming recognition of individual courses taken at Ca' Foscari).
Assignment of the place for enrolment in a year following the first year
In case of recognition of over 47 CFU, you will have to apply for a place: admission to a year following the first of a limited -access programme is in fact subject to the availability of places.
|Publication of places available||Application for a place||Publication of the ranking|
|15 June 2021||10 am on 7 July - 14 July 2021||21 July 2021|
|5 August 2021||10 am on 24 August - 26 August 2021||1 September 2021|
The ranking will be drawn up on the basis of the evaluation of the CV and motivation letter.
In the event of successful application, for the second round, you will have to complete the enrolment or transition by 30 September 2021, under penalty of losing the assigned place. If you request clearance for transfer from another university, however, you will receive all the instructions by e-mail.
To apply for a place for the first round, you must log in to the reserved area, select the "Evaluation test" and choose "Ammissione agli anni successivi al primo dei corsi ad accesso programmato". The procedure will be open from 10 am on August24th 2021.
You must attach:
- your credits recognition sheet;
- self-certification of having taken the exams for which you have been awarded credits;
- your CV;
- a motivation letter;
- an identity document.
Warning! The procedure allows you to submit the application, in order of preference, for a maximum of three courses: if you enter more than one preference, you will have to attach the credit recognition sheet for each chosen course.
If you have never been a student at Ca’ Foscari you will have to:
- register on the website;
- access your personal area using your SPID account.
On 5th August 2021, are available:
- 15 places for the second year;
- 11 places for the third year.
Last update: 12/10/2021